Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Distance Learning from University of Nottingham is designed to develop your critical understanding of recent developments in TESOL theory and practice. It will prepare you to conduct independent research into teaching and learning. It provides a pathway to doctoral study.
Career destinations for our graduates include counsellors, education advisers, language tutors, primary/secondary teachers and vocational/industrial trainers and instructors.
A number of our graduates are already in employment while undertaking part-time study for professional development in their chosen career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Language Teaching: Methodology and Curriculum
- Understanding Language Learning and the Language Learner
- Assessment in Language Education
- Managing Language Teaching and Developing Teachers
- Materials and Technology in Language Education
- Teaching Languages to Younger Learners
- Teaching English for Academic Purposes: Context, Language and Pedagogy
- 32 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Start date: Multiple available .International students should apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Teaching View 63 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
- 2:2 level (or international equivalent)
- We accept a wide range of qualifications from all over the world.
- Minimum of nine months' full-time classroom English language teaching experience (650 hours of part-time experience).
- Applicants without a first degree but with an approved, relevant professional qualification and/or substantial teaching experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- English language requirements
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.