The field of systematic and philosophical theology deals with the meaning and implications of Christian doctrine or teaching.
This includes claims relating to God, creation, salvation, the nature of the Church, human identity and ethics.
Consequently this course is concerned with a field at the heart of Christian theology, and therefore at the heart of human intellectual endeavour. The annual application deadline for this course is 1st September.
- We are one of the leading theological departments in the country, ranked 8th in the UK for ‘research power.*
- Every member of staff is active in research and works to the highest standards, disseminating work with major academic publishers.
- In the latest postgraduate taught experience survey, 100% of respondents in the School of Humanities said, “The course is intellectually stimulating” and “The course has enhanced my academic ability.”
- 97% of our research is of international quality*
More informationVisit official programme website
- Systematic and Philosophical theology for Newcomers: The Doctrine of God
- Research Methods and Resources
- Aquinas and Thomisms
- La Nouvelle Théologie
- Reading Medieval Theologians from Anselm to Ockham
- Earliest Christian Writings (Outside the Canonical Collection) to the Mid-second Century
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 137 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United Kingdom
Other candidates will be considered at the discretion of the Department. Students entering the programme from a humanities discipline other than theology may be required to take the module 'Systematic and Philosophical Theology for Newcomers'.
International17910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17910 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7290 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7290 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.