You will gain knowledge about:
- behaviour of radionuclides in the environment
- impact and risk assessment based on radiochemistry and radiation protection
- the nuclear industry and waste management
- project management
- research methods.
Skills in these areas are required not only to deal with currently installed nuclear capacity and decommissioned facilities, but also to meet the needs presented by likely new build nuclear installations. The first year provides basic course modules as well as the initiating of the research project. The second year is dedicated to experiments, data, collection and analysis, i.e. finalizing the master thesis. The Master of Science in Radioecology at Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) modules will be held at NMBU with support from collaborating European universities.
- Experimental radioecology
- Project Management and Research Methods
- Effect and Biomarker Methods in Toxicology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 13 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree (BSc) or equivalent at least 180 ECTS
- Copy of foreign passport or ID card
- Documentation of upper secondary school
- Documentation of higher education
- Courses to be completed
- Documentation of English language proficiency
- Documentation of financing
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Since NMBU is a publicly funded state university, there are no tuition fees.
- However, most students must pay a small semester fee.
Living costs for Ås
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.