Graduate students complete a two year course of study that includes academic classes as well as clinical practica. A master's degree is the entry level degree for practicing as a speech-language pathologist. The rigorous academic coursework and rich clinical experiences at WWU prepare our graduate students for meeting ASHA clinical certification standards and Washington State licensure and professional certification requirements.
The objectives of the program in Speech-Language Pathology - Communication Sciences and Disorders at Western Washington University are to prepare competent entry-level professionals in speech-language pathology and to prepare students for advanced study at the PhD level. The program includes an internship taken after other academic and clinical requirements have been completed.
Speech-language pathology is a discipline which has developed out of a concern for people with communication disorders. Preparation leading to a degree in communication sciences and disorders includes a wide range of course work and a variety of clinical practicum opportunities working with the infant through geriatric populations.
- Essential Audiology for Speech Language Pathologists
- Professional Issues in Speech-Language Pathology
- Adult and Pediatric Dysphagia
- Strategies for Assessment in CSD
- Clinical Practicum
- Voice Disorders and Therapy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
81 to 91
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 226 other Masters in Speech Pathology in United States
- A baccalaureate degree in Communication Sciences and Disorders/Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology from an accredited U.S. college or university, or an equivalent degree from a foreign university, completed within the past 5 years
- Three (3) Letters of Reference
- Statement of Purpose
- GRE scores
- 1 page resume, outlining educational background, awards, relevant employment and volunteer experiences
International30416 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30416 USD per year during 24 months.
National22927 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22927 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State10680 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10680 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bellingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.