The curriculum closely follows the ACPA/NASPA Professional Competencies as well as the CAS Standards for graduate professional preparation.
Typical applicants have been actively involved as undergraduates in student organizations and leadership or in paraprofessional positions such as resident assistants, orientation leaders, and campus tour guides. They are seeking entry-level professional positions in student affairs in higher education.
University of North Carolina Greensboro Student Affairs Administration in Higher Education students gain excellent theory-to-practice experience through graduate assistantships at institutions including UNCG, Salem College, Wake Forest University, Guilford College, Winston-Salem State University, and the UNC School of the Arts. In addition, students complete a 150-hour internship in another position, frequently through the ACUHO-I, NODA, NACA, or ACUI summer internship programs or through a self-design internship. The job placement rate for graduates is has averaged out over the years to be approximately 90% or more within 6 months of graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Student Development Theory in Higher Education
- Effects of College on Students
- Organization and Administration of Student Affair in Higher Education
- Leadership in Higher Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application early, at least 30 days prior to the posted departmental deadline.
DisciplinesEducation Public Administration View 3986 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful applicants to the program typically have a 3.2 or higher undergraduate GPA, and prior related experiences. SAAHE no longer requires GRE scores as part of its application process; however, if applicants have taken the GREs and wish to submit their scores, they may do so but this will not impact admissions decisions.
International22092 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 24 months.
National22092 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1052 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State6069 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 289 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Greensboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.