Facts about this program
- Our Landscape Architecture and Garden Design at Szent István University is designed especially for master or bachelor graduates who want to advance their personal and professional development in the field of landscape architecture. The study programme provides a unique opportunity for learners to invest in their future. It enables young professionals to become a skilled landscape architect or a leading landscape designer who contributes to develop quality environment.
- The MLA course enables students to advance their career opportunities in an international level. It embraces a wide spectrum of landscape design themes - from urban open space projects to historical gardens and landscapes or the renewal and reclamation of protected or non-protected landscapes. The course connects design theory with practice, landscape design projects with large-scale landscape planning concepts.
- The programme is offered at the Szent István University, the only educational institution for landscape architecture in Hungary with a more than a 100-year experience. We are working with visiting lecturers and workshop leaders from the United Kingdom, the Netherlands and Austria. This helps us to offer our students the ability to join a broadened international network of professional landscape designers, landscape architects and professional lecturers and trainers.
- For our students, the project-based educational methodology with a focus on the Central European landscape holds many benefits. We tackle challenges equally in protection and development of green networks as we do it in conservation of landscape heritage. Our professors and lecturers have proven expertise in Central-Eastern European Countries as well as around the European region. This offers our candidates the possibility to discuss and initiate programs and projects in their native country.
- Architectural spatial theory and contemporary architecture
- Landscape and garden design
- Landscape graphics & communication
- Planting materials and planting design
- Studies in urban sociology and ecology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture View 5 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in Hungary
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To have at least a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or similar institute in the field of landscape architecture or architecture-related subjects.
- To show some ability at freehand drawing.
- To show evidence of a sufficient oral and written command of the English language. If English is not your mother tongue, an English language test is required.
- To have the ability to interact and work with people from very diverse cultures and backgrounds.
International5800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2900 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA5800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2900 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Budapest
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.