During the Critical Studies in Improvisation program of University of Guelph students will complete three core courses together in Core Concepts, Research Methods, and Arts-Based Community-Making. In conjunction with faculty mentors, students will develop their individual program of study, customized to their research and practice interests. Through courses, project work and optional paid internships, students will have many opportunities to engage with fellow students, scholars, artists, improvisers-in-residence, and community organizations. Candidates will gain broadly applicable practical skills in research and project development, management and implementation, leadership, and collaboration.
Are you interested in:
- Community engagement
- Interdisciplinary approaches
- Arts-based practices for social change
- Practice-based research / Research-creation
- Research and writing
- Public administration
- Government, non-government organizations and not-for-profits
- Community leadership
- Arts programming and administration
- Core Concepts in Critical Studies in Improvisation
- Arts-Based Community Making
- Foundational Research Methods in Critical Studies in Improvisation
- Pedagogy Lab
- Major Research Project in Critical Studies in Improvisation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Management Studies View 214 other Masters in Management Studies in Canada
- Applicants should hold a four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum GPA of 75%, in a field related totheir proposed study.
- Two letters of reference
- Research Proposal with rationale
- Writing Sample
- Portfolio of creative, professional, community-engaged, and/or research practice, in relationship to IMPR and to their proposed area of research. Portfolios can include music, artwork, digital files, writings, and must be linked to the candidate’s rationale for admission.
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National6412 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3206 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.