- This course is founded by the work being carried out in the Statistics and Probability research group
- The School of Mathematical Sciences is one of the largest and strongest mathematics departments in the UK, with over 70 full-time academic staff
- The Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 results place the School in the top 10 nationally within Mathematical Sciences for 'research power' and 'research quality'; with 32% of its research recognised as world-leading and a further 56% as internationally excellent
- The research environment was classified as 75% world-leading in vitality and sustainability, with the remaining 25% internationally excellent, reflecting the outstanding setting the School provides for its academic staff as well as its postdoctoral and postgraduate researchers
- Ranked 8th in the UK for three subject areas within the School, namely pure mathematics, applied mathematics, statistics and operational research
- This course is accredited by the Royal Statistical Society
- The school scored 87% for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey, 2018
More informationVisit official programme website
- Applied Multivariate Statistics
- Applied Statistical Modelling
- Stochastic Financial Modelling
- Time Series and Forecasting
- Fundamentals of Statistics
- Statistics Dissertation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesStatistics Actuarial Science View 130 other Masters in Actuarial Science in United Kingdom
2:2 (or international equivalent) in mathematics or a closely related subject with substantial mathematical content
International18675 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18675 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.