The Teaching and Learning programme from Waterford Institute of Technology offers students the opportunity to learn about contemporary teaching methods and education systems and gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing educators, trainers and students in different educational contexts. This scholar-practitioner approach will inform and enhance participants’ practice and their ability to create effective student-centred learning environments.
On successful completion of the MEd in Teaching and Learning, graduates may progress to doctoral studies (NFQ Level 10) at WIT or another Higher Education Institution subject to meeting the specific entry criteria.
During our MEd in Teaching and Learning at Waterford Institute of Technology students will:
- develop professional skills and competence as teachers, lecturers, trainers and education professionals whilst valuing the wealth of knowledge and experience that they, as adult learners, bring to the classroom.
- apply their learning directly to enhance their practice and can share their experience in a supportive and collaborative learning environment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Academic Enquiry
- Adult Learning
- Mentoring Practical Pedagogy
- Applied Pedagogy
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Curriculum Development and Assessment
- Reflective Practice in Education
- Education Research Methods
- Action Research in Education Content and Interaction for Teaching and Learning Online
- Research Supervisory Skills
- Educational Theory
- Teaching Across Cultures in Higher Education
- Language Power and Societies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 52 other Masters in Education in Ireland
- An Honours Degree (Level 8) or equivalent
- Access to an educational and/or training environment, where research may be carried out
- Applicants whose first language is not English must submit evidence of competency in English.
EU/EEA6300 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6300 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.