Strategize and develop viable programs for sustainable tourism and economic development projects. Through coursework and real-world projects, in the Global Tourism and Sustainable Economic Development program at Johnson & Wales University you’ll gain comprehensive knowledge of the newest tourism trends: shared service providers such as Airbnb and Lyft, the experience economy orchestrating memorable events as products, and local and global opportunities for development.
When you graduate, you’ll be prepared to work in a variety of jobs in the industry, including tourism and economic development consultant, government specialist and tourism product developer. This program will equip you to become a global citizen and future leader in the growing sustainable tourism field.
- Foundation of Consulting for the Tourism Industry
- Planning for Ethical & Sustainable Tourism Development
- Financial Concepts in Sustainable Tourism Development
- Tourism Economics
- Global Tourism Marketing & Branding
- Tourism Principles & Foundations
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
JWU utilizes rolling admissions. International students are encouraged to apply 60 days prior to the intended start date.
DisciplinesEconomics Tourism & Leisure View 80 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United States
- Bachelor's degree in any major
- All Postsecondary Transcripts
- Completed application
- College transcripts (except current/former JWU students)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- In addition to the standard undergraduate or graduate admissions requirements, non-U.S. citizens must also provide:
- Proof of English proficiency if applicable
- Completed and signed International Student Financial Declaration Form for undergraduate and graduate programs
- Certified bank statement or government sponsorship letter verifying financial support for one academic year
- Copy of biographical section of your valid passport
International25260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 842 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 842 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Providence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.