The Paramedic Science (Paramedic Pratitioner) at CQUniversity Australia provides you with the skills, knowledge, clinical reasoning and leadership strategies to meet the role of a Paramedic Practitioner.
The Paramedic Practitioner is an advanced healthcare professional who can provide essential services in the non-emergency, out-of-hospital, low acuity or primary healthcare settings.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to deliver a primary care level of paramedic practice as well as the ability to identify alternative pathways within the healthcare system to effectively and independently manage a broad range of common chronic and low acuity disease states.
This care is a patient-centred approach that ensures you are a competent and yet diverse clinical practitioner who can meet low acuity healthcare needs of the community.
Additionally, the Paramedic Practitioner is a leadership role within both the paramedic profession and healthcare system that can support a range of activity from education to managerial needs.
The Master of Paramedic Science (Paramedic Practitioner) supports graduates to operate in the expanding professional areas of paramedic practice. It provides you with the knowledge and skills to move towards the evolving roles of paramedic practitioner, extended or community care paramedic positions.
- Primary Healthcare
- Science and Instrumentation of Ultrasound
- Medical Science Research Project
- Diagnostic Ultrasound for Point of Care (PoCUS)
- Primary Healthcare Engagement
- Primary Healthcare Practice
- 18 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
More informationGo to the official programme website
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 122 other Masters in Public Health in Australia
CRICOS Code: 00219C
- a completed Bachelor of Paramedic Science or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years unsupervised operational clinical experience; or
- a completed Advanced Diploma or Graduate Diploma or equivalent in an advanced paramedic field such as aeromedical, critical or intensive care plus 2 years unsupervised operational clinical experience at this level
Tuition FeeVisit Programme Website
Check the official programme website for information about funding options.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!