- This course provides students with a broader and deeper understanding of several core areas of pure mathematics that are of strong current interest
- On completion, it offers a solid foundation for a career in research in pure mathematics
- The course is informed by the research interests of the members of the research groups Algebra, Analysis, and Number Theory and Geometry
- One of the largest and strongest mathematics departments in the UK, with over 70 full-time academic staff
- The Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014 results place the School in the top 10 nationally within Mathematical Sciences for 'research power' and 'research quality'; with 32% of its research recognised as world-leading and a further 56% as internationally excellent
- The research environment was classified as 75% world-leading in vitality and sustainability, with the remaining 25% internationally excellent, reflecting the outstanding setting the School provides for its academic staff as well as its postdoctoral and postgraduate researchers
- The school scored 87% for Student Satisfaction in the National Student Survey, 2018
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced Group Theory
- Advanced Linear Analysis
- Algebraic Geometry
- Algebraic Number Theory
- Combinatorial Group Theory
- Complex Analysis
- Elliptic Curves
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMathematics View 164 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
2:1 (or international equivalent) in mathematics, or a closely related subject, with substantial pure mathematics content
International17910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17910 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9450 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.