This training programme has been developed to provide an up to date and dynamic course in power electronics and drives and their applications.
The control and conversion of electric power using solid-state techniques are now commonplace in both the domestic and industrial environments. A recent estimate suggested that over 40% of all electric power generated passes through silicon before reaching its final destination.
A knowledge and understanding of the diverse disciplines encompassed by power electronics - devices, converters, control theory and motor drive systems - is therefore essential to all power engineers.This course aims to provide a specialist education in power electronics and drives techniques, covering key fundamental principles along with modern applications and current practices.
- The Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nottingham has long been at the forefront of research and teaching in the area of power electronics and drives.
- The Faculty of Engineering is ranked 3rd in the UK for research power under REF 2014, the British Government’s Research Excellence Framework. More than 98% of engineering research ranked of international quality, with 85% graded as world leading or internationally excellent.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Advanced AC Drives with project
- Advanced Control System Design with project
- Advanced Power Conversion
- Electrical and Electronic Fundamentals for Masters
- Power Electronics Integration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering View 132 other Masters in Energy & Power Engineering in United Kingdom
A high 2:2 or equivalent in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering, or other relevant degree
International22815 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22815 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7785 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7785 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.