The graduates of the Biological Sciences - Integrative and Organismal Biology from University of New Hampshire are prepared for professional careers in animal and/or plant biology in academia, government, research and nonprofit organizations.
At UNH you’ll be supported by a productive and internationally recognized faculty and outstanding laboratory facilities as you advance toward either a professional career or doctoral studies.
The main campus in Durham is located near the White Mountains and the Atlantic Ocean with access to a diverse array of terrestrial, marine and freshwater field sites, and hosts several cooperative research institutes such as the Institute for the Study of Earth, Oceans, and Space, the NH Agricultural Experiment Station, and the Leitzel Center for Mathematics, Science, and Engineering Education. The university is ranked among the nation’s highest performing research universities, having earned a Carnegie Classification R1.
- Biological research
- Conservation biology
- Education (K12, college, university)
- Government research
- Medical research
- Nonprofit organizations
- Veterinary research
- Wildlife biology
- The M.S. degree requires completion of a minimum of 30 credits, 6-10 of which may be earned for thesis research (BIOL 899 Master's Thesis ).
- The Biological Sciences Program specifies 2 credits’ worth of required coursework (BIOL 901 Introductory Graduate Seminar); most students use 6 more credits to satisfy the competency requirement in experimental design/analysis (BIOL 811 Experimental Design & Analysis or ANFS 933 Design, Analysis, and Interpretation of Experiments, 4 credits) and recommended coursework in writing/communication (BIOL 902 Writing and Publishing Science or BIOL 950 Scientific Communication, 2 credits).
- Other graduate coursework approved by the student’s committee can substitute for any of these courses except BIOL 901 Introductory Graduate Seminar.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Spring: Open only for Accelerated Masters students
- Summer: Must have permission by department to apply for summer.
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 292 other Masters in Microbiology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- All applicants are encouraged to contact programs directly to discuss program specific application questions.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early if they wish to be considered for financial and priority consideration.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD per year during 24 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD per year during 24 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.