Enhance your academic training with two internships, where you’ll learn to research and design exhibits, catalog and interpret collections, develop and implement education programs for elementary and secondary school students, conduct oral histories and prepare public programming.
In this History - Museum Studies graduate program from University of New Hampshire, you’ll be trained in historical research methods and writing that will prepare you for a variety of positions in museums and other forums for public history..
- Collection management
- Government humanities programs
- Historic site management/preservation
- Historic trades skill and practice
- Museum administration/education
- Museum/historic site curator/interpreter
- Nonprofit management
- Private fine arts services
- The MA in History: Museum Studies requires the completion of at least 30 graduate credits. Students pursuing the option in museum studies will be required to take ten courses in the History Department, including HIST 871 Museum Studies, either HIST 872 Studies in Regional Material Culture or HIST 880 Special Topics in Museum Studies/Material Culture, and two internships at museums or other historic sites.
- The final requirement is either a one-hour oral examination demonstrating competence in museum studies and another field of history (e.g. Early American History, the Atlantic World, Women's History, etc.) chosen by the student in consultation with the Graduate Director OR completion of a major project related to the student's interest in Museum Studies. Both require a three member supervisory committee of UNH History faculty.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History Museum Studies View 806 other Masters in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- All applicants must submit a writing sample with their application.
- All applicants are encouraged to contact programs directly to discuss program specific application questions.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State14170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.