About the program
In accordance with the mission of the university, the Educational Leadership Department offers programs that will enable degree candidates to become educational leaders in a variety of school settings including, but not limited to, building level administrators (K-12), teacher leaders, central office supervisors, and upper level administrators. The goal of this program is produce principals and other school leaders who better match the needs of the school districts.
The program offered by Southern University and A&M College is standard driven and addresses guidelines and benchmarks articulated by the Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC), Educational Leadership Consortium Council, Southern Regional Education Board (SREB), and Louisiana Standards for School Principals (LPS).MissionThe mission of the Educational Leadership is to engage candidates in a transformational process of systematic problem solving and data-driven decision-making. The primary aim is to prepare candidates to meet the challenges of leading schools, organizations, communities, and people.
Southern University and Agricultural & Mechanical College is accredited by the The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Prioritizing, Mapping and Monitoring the Curriculum 3 credit hours
- Program Evaluation and Data Interpretation 3 credit hours
- Vision of Leadership: Issues and Practices 3 credit hours
- Research for Educational Leaders 3 credit hours
- Curriculum Development: Issues, Trends & Assessment 3 credit hours
- Supervising, Analyzing, and Improving Instruction 3 credit hours
- Managing Effective Schools 3 credit hours
- Ethics and Legal Issues for Educational Leaders 3 credit hours
- Fostering Community Support in Schools 3 credit hours
- Technology Leadership in Schools 3 credit hours
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Leadership View 4367 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Have completed a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a GPA of 2.7 or better
- Hold a valid Louisiana Type B or Level 2 teaching certificate or have a comparable out-of-state teaching certificate
- (3) Three years of teaching experience in his/her area of certification
- Have a combined GRE score (Verbal and Quantitative) of 281
- Submit three (3) letters of recommendation, accompanied with the Request for Evaluation form in the Graduate School Admissions Application
- Submit a Personal Statement of Goals
International10622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5311 USD per semester during 12 months.
National10622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5311 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Baton Rouge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.