You’ll study the role of the family, community and social policy in early development and intervention, and learn how to take a noncategorical approach to assessment and educational planning. Your studies will culminate with a one-year field-based internship in an inclusive education setting.
The Master of Early Childhood Education - Special Needs program from University of New Hampshire is an advanced course of study for teachers, administrators and early childhood practitioners who wish to improve their professional competence and broaden their career opportunities in the area of special needs. You may complete electives to add teacher certification and, with additional targeted coursework, be recommended for teacher licensure as an Early Childhood Special Educator.
Dual certification in early childhood education and early childhood special education is also available. The curriculum content of the program is keyed to National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) guidelines for advanced graduate programs, along with New Hampshire State Teacher Certification standards.
- Curriculum consultation
- Early childhood program administration
- Early childhood teachers and team leaders
- Early intervention
- Instructional coordination
- Residential facility administration
- Special needs education
- Staff development coordination
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Designing Curriculum for Inclusive, Equitable Settings for Young Children (birth-8)
- Diversity and Child Development
- Socio-cultural Perspectives on Teaching and Learning
- Leadership and Advocacy in Early Childhood Education
- Curriculum for Young Children with Special Needs: Evaluation and Program Design
- Advocating for Diverse and Inclusive Family-School-Community Partnerships
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Special Education Early Childhood Education View 435 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Test Scores: Praxis Required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- State and Federal Background Check
- All applicants are encouraged to contact programs directly to discuss program specific application questions.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State14170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.