An M.S.W. is a professional degree that will prepare you for work in fields such as healthcare, education, substance abuse, child welfare, employee assistance programs, policy and advocacy, and other human services and social welfare related areas. Additionally, an M.S.W. is the first step toward becoming a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW)
Why choose this program?At University of New Hampshire, you’ll earn a CSWE-accredited Master of Social Work (Advanced Standing) from a top-tier research university. You’ll learn from full-time faculty who are passionate about social justice and are experts in their fields of practice. The advanced standing option will allow you to finish your degree in a much shorter timeframe than a traditional M.S.W. program — as few as 12 months in Durham or 16 months online. You’ll also gain hands-on experience while making a difference in your community through a local field internship.
- Child welfare case worker
- Community health worker or outreach organizer
- Juvenile/adult criminal justice social worker
- Medical or mental health social worker
- Public health administrator
- Public policy analyst or research assistant
- School social worker
- Substance use disorder counselor
- Advanced Standing Practice and Field Seminar
- Implications of Race, Culture, and Oppression for Social Work Practice
- Advanced General Practice: Clinical Assessment and Intervention
- Human Behavior and the Social Environment
- Data Analysis and Statistics
- Social Welfare Policy
- 12 months
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Statistics View 498 other Masters in Social Work in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- International Applicants: Some academic departments recommend that international applicants, living outside of the United States, and planning on pursuing a research based degree, submit a preapplication form before submitting a full application. If your desired program is not on the form, departments prefer a full application be submitted. Preapplication requests will be carefully reviewed and a decision usually provided within 3 weeks.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State14170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.