The master’s program in Recreation Management and Policy - Therapeutic Recreation Administration from University of New Hampshire will help you take the next step in your career, giving you a solid foundation in leisure theory, research, data analysis and administration.
You’ll learn the skills needed to serve in positions such as supervisor, manager, director, senior therapist or treatment coordinator. A specialization in community-based therapeutic recreation is also available through our partnership with Northeast Passage.
Why choose this program?
At UNH, you’ll find exceptional opportunities through our partnership with Northeast Passage, a nationally recognized therapeutic recreation and adaptive sports organization, affiliate of Move United, and the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee.
This specialization includes courses, fieldwork and research experiences in community-based health promotion programming, therapeutic recreation service delivery in the school system and adaptive sports.
Students without an academic or clinical background in therapeutic recreation may use the M.S. program to satisfy the academic requirements for the national credentialing examination through the National Council on Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) and for New Hampshire state licensure, as applicable.
- Behavioral health
- Community inclusion services
- Developmental disability services
- Military and veteran services
- Nonprofit organizations
- Older adult and geriatric services
- Pediatric and youth services
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation
- Psychiatric services
- School systems
- Substance Use
- Concepts of Recreation and Leisure
- Management and Policy in Therapeutic Recreation
- Research Methods in Recreation Management and Policy
- Data Analysis and Statistics
- Recreation Administration and Organizational Behavior
- Recreation Resource Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Sports Management Tourism & Leisure View 278 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- International Applicants: Some academic departments recommend that international applicants, living outside of the United States, and planning on pursuing a research based degree, submit a preapplication form before submitting a full application. If your desired program is not on the form, departments prefer a full application be submitted. Preapplication requests will be carefully reviewed and a decision usually provided within 3 weeks.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State14170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.