You’ll be able to explore areas that interest you, such as camp administration, outdoor recreation, natural resources management, parks and protected areas, outdoor education, adventure programming, nonprofit administration, commercial recreation, youth or senior services, sports and fitness management, community recreation and more.
The Recreation Management and Policy - Recreation Administration degree from University of New Hampshire will prepare you for leadership and administration positions in this growing field.
Why choose this program?
At UNH, you’ll find an atmosphere of collegiality and collaboration. You’ll also find exceptional opportunities for coursework, fieldwork and research through our Applied Recreation Research Collaborative (ARRC), which provides public, private and nonprofit recreation resource managers and practitioners with data-driven solutions to inform decision making and policy. You will also benefit from our partnerships with UNH Campus Recreation, the Browne Center and Northeast Passage.
- Adventure program management
- Campus recreation
- Commercial recreation
- Event management
- Mountain and ski resort management
- Natural resources management
- Nonprofit administration
- Outdoor and experiential education
- Outdoor recreation
- Parks and recreation programs
- Sport and fitness management
- State or national park ranger or manager
- Youth and senior service
- Concepts of Recreation and Leisure
- Recreation Administration and Organizational Behavior
- Research Methods in Recreation Management and Policy
- Data Analysis and Statistics
- Recreation Resource Management
- Adaptive Sports and Recreation Facilitation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Sports Management Tourism & Leisure View 82 other Masters in Tourism & Leisure in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- International Applicants: Some academic departments recommend that international applicants, living outside of the United States, and planning on pursuing a research based degree, submit a preapplication form before submitting a full application. If your desired program is not on the form, departments prefer a full application be submitted. Preapplication requests will be carefully reviewed and a decision usually provided within 3 weeks.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
In-State14170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.