Student teachers will acquire advanced professional knowledge and skills associated with research-informed teaching incorporating creative/academic study, research inquiry, professional discipline in work settings and a foundation for continuous professional development.
The Art and Design with Digital Media programme at Limerick Institute of Technology builds on the growing importance of digital media and social networking platforms that are progressively more available to everyone, but especially to young people. The special attention given to art and design digital media and pedagogies reflects both the increasing importance of teachers having the knowledge and skills to use contemporary digital media confidently in different personal and professional contexts, but especially in their classroom teaching, and the particular knowledge and skill set of art and design graduates who are increasingly adapt in the use of digital media in their art and design practice and for online networking. The programme uses online dialogue within a community of practice for student teachers to search, share and construct knowledge, and for them to support each other while on school placements.
What are the career prospects?
Visual Art Teacher across a number of educational sectors including:
- Second level Schools
- Colleges of Further Education
- Arts and Health
- Arts and the Community
- Gallery/Museum education
- The teaching qualification is recognised internationally and provides career opportunities overseas.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Art and Design Research Methods and Practice
- Art and Design Pedagogies
- School Placement
- Curriculum Policy and Reform
- History, Policy and Contemporary Issues in Education
- Research Report and Exhibition
- Professional Practice and Portfolio
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts View 26 other Masters in Visual Arts in Ireland
- The minimum entry requirement for this programme is a Bachelor Degree in Fine Art or Design (Level 8) 2nd Class Honours or an equivalent qualification. It is the responsibility of applicants to ensure that their primary degree qualifications meet the registration requirements of the Teaching Council of Ireland. Please visit www.teachingcouncil.ie for further information.
International8250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Limerick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.