About Opera Vocal Performance at Stockholm University of Arts
Following professional experience or directly after your Bachelor’s degree in classical singing or opera, the Master’s program in opera will give you the opportunity to embrace aspects of your artistry that you wish to develop and deepen. It could be a role that you want to study, or a year to work with your vocal and scenic expressions.
At the heart of the Opera Vocal Performance program of the Stockholm University of Arts is your independent project that focuses on a topic in your profession as an opera singer. You will formulate and develop the project over the course of the program. Through supervision from our senior lecturers and professors, studies of methods in artistic work and within artistic research and through the meetings with researching artists, you will have the tools to conduct an individual exploration as an opera singer. You will also receive skills training in coaching and singing lessons, and will participate in a collaboration with Wermland Opera.
The program gives you the tools to participate in professional life as an independent and creative opera singer. The program is research preparatory and provides eligibility for studies at third-cycle level.
- Singing lessons
- Scenic work
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 10 other Masters in Music Performance in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Stockholm University of Arts and/or in Sweden, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Bachelor’s degree or professional qualification of at least 180 credit points or equivalent
- English 5 or equivalent
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or equivalent higher education qualification in classical singing or opera of at least 180 credits or equivalent
- A copy of your passport or national identity card (unless you are a Swedish citizen)
- Documentation showing that you meet the general entry requirements for studies at second cycle/advanced level
- You should state your voce type
- A list of six opera arias plus one lied/art song to perform by heart. One should be in your native language and the others in the original language
- A text where you describe the project you want to pursue during your studies
- A motivation letter of why you want to enter the program
- Your CV where you list your education, professional experience and other relevant experiences that you want to refer to
- A film and audio file
International50000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
- If you are a Swedish citizen or a citizen of another EU or EEA country you are not required to pay tuition fees
- Non-EU / EEA: 548000 SEK per full
Living costs for Stockholm
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.