You’ll concentrate on child or adolescent development, combining your studies within-depth experience through a closely supervised teaching, research or advocacy practicum, as well as internship opportunities. This program will help you contribute to the well-being of individuals and families through knowledge, teaching, leadership and professional practice.
Why choose this program?
The Human Development and Family Studies M.S. at University of New Hampshire allows you to develop an individualized plan of study focused on your career goals. You’ll experience a collegial and supportive culture, with award-winning mentorship provided by nationally recognized faculty. We offer scholarship opportunities and competitive stipends, as well as access to our Preparing Future Faculty program.
The university also offer numerous opportunities for teaching and research through the Child Study and Development Center, the Marriage and Family Therapy Center and the Family Connections Center. Our program has a 100% placement rate, meaning our students are employed in their field or enrolled in further education within six months of graduating. There’s an accelerated master’s degree option for interested undergraduate students.
- Community centers
- Guidance counseling
- Human service organizations
- Marriage and family therapy
- Social work
- Child Development in Context
- Professional Issues for Family Specialists
- Theoretical Approaches to Human Development and Family Studies
- Statistical Methods for Research
- Sociological Methods I: Intermediate Social Statistics
- Data Analysis and Statistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Sociology Statistics View 690 other Masters in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- International Applicants: Some academic departments recommend that international applicants, living outside of the United States, and planning on pursuing a research based degree, submit a preapplication form before submitting a full application. If your desired program is not on the form, departments prefer a full application be submitted. Preapplication requests will be carefully reviewed and a decision usually provided within 3 weeks.
International27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD per year during 24 months.
National27810 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State14170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD per year during 24 months.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.