Our Ocean Engineering - Ocean Mapping program from the University of New Hampshire is led by the Center for Coastal and Ocean Mapping/Joint Hydrographic Center, one of four data centers for the Seabed 2030 project, which aims to create the definitive map of the world ocean floor by 2030, and one of only two academic centers in North America where students can complete the IHO/FIG/ICA-recognized, category-A Standards of Competence for Hydrographic Surveyors program.
- Academic research
- Data analysis
- Environmental/hydrographic consulting
- Governmental agencies (NOAA, NAVO, USACE, NGA)
- Hydrographic surveying
- K-12 and university education
- Marine hardware and software development
- Marine research
- Marine resource management
- Mineral resources exploration
- Ocean technology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- You’ll have access to extensive research facilities at the Jere A. Chase Ocean Engineering Laboratory and aboard the R/V Gulf Surveyor, a 48-foot ship that is purpose-designed for ocean mapping activities.
- Most students who are accepted into the program are supported as Research Associates through externally-funded grants.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarine Engineering View 66 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Letters of recommendation: 3 required
- Personal Statement/Essay Questions
- International Applicants: The University of New Hampshire recommends that international applicants who are living outside of the United States, and are planning on pursuing a research based degree, submit a preapplication form before submitting a full application.
International55620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD per semester during 12 months.
National55620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27810 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State28340 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14170 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.