About Teaching General Science in Basic Education at De La Salle University
Graduates of the program are expected to be able to follow the latest developments in the teaching of General Science. To earn the MT General Science in Basic Education degree, the student is required to write a project paper (an action research) and present this in an oral examination.
The degree program Master of Teaching General Science in Basic Education from De La Salle University aims to:
- equip the basic education science teachers with the necessary knowledge and skills in the design of a curriculum, instruction and assessment of learning science;
- enhance the critical reasoning, problem-solving and metacognitive skills of basic education science teachers;
- develop the basic education science teacher’s ability to prepare pedagogical plans for any General Science topic at the elementary and secondary levels using appropriate strategies;
- develop the basic education science teacher’s ability to do classroom based research on Science education;
- Contemporary Theories on Teaching and Learning Science
- Use of Technology in Teaching Science
- Applied Math for Science Teachers
- Experimentation and Problem Solving Skills
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application Form with passport size photo
- Consent Form
- Original Copy of Transcript of Records
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) or Grade Weighted Average (GWA) as certified by the school registrar
- Proof of Citizenship
- Photocopy of valid and unexpired passport
- Transfer Credentials or Honorable Dismissal
- Certificate of Eligibility to Pursue Graduate Studies
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement Containing Academic and Career Objectives
- TOEFL/IELTS Certificates (Gokongwei College of Engineering and the RVR – College of Business only)
International2484 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 69 EUR per credit during 12 months.
National2484 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 69 EUR per credit during 12 months.
3,930 philipinne pesos
Living costs for Manila
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.