The Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program and its Core Counseling Faculty is the academic unit solely responsible for the preparation of students in the program. The Counseling Program is housed within the Psychology Department of the School of Social and Behavioral Sciences and provides the academic preparation necessary to become a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in NY State.
The 60-credit Clinical Mental Health Counseling program from Marist College emphasizes the personal and professional growth of its students, fostering self-awareness and a deeper understanding of others. The Program curriculum is rich in coursework stressing the theory and practice of evidence-based counseling and underscores the importance of a multicultural approach throughout the training process. Counselors-in-training will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to provide quality mental health care to help their clients function effectively in all aspects of their lives.
There are two program tracks to choose from. The Program can be completed in a two-year, advanced/accelerated schedule, full-time, including two summers; or a less intensive three-year schedule, including two summers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Professional Orientation & Ethics
- Social & Cultural Foundations of Counseling
- Human Growth and Development
- Lifestyle and Career Development
- Counseling Theory and Practice
- Group Dynamics
- sessment and Appraisal
- Research and Program Evaluation
- Foundations of Mental Health Counseling
- Clinical Instruction
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Counselling View 103 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Unofficial transcript from bachelor’s degree-granting college/university must be uploaded to the application for an admission decision. Official bachelor’s degree noted transcript will be required upon acceptance in order to matriculate.
- Current resume
- Personal statement of at least 500 words outlining educational background, experiences, and goals, and the reason(s) for selecting Marist’s MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program
- Three letters of recommendation (from your instructors or work supervisors)
- You must supply the names and email addresses for each recommender in GradCAS in order to submit your application.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required. Scores for verbal, quantitative, and writing areas are optional.
- Application fee of $50 is payable online.
- Interview with the program director
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 USD per credit during 24 months.
National26100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 USD per credit during 24 months.
Health Insurance: $3,275
Living costs for Poughkeepsie
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.