The Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Marist College provides both on campus and online courses, and professional field experiences in a variety of mental health settings. Students can complete the program in 2 years in a full-time, accelerated plan or through a more flexible and less time-intensive 3 year schedule. Marist's Program is fully accredited by the NY State Education Department and provides the knowledge and skills to become a NY Licensed Mental Health Counselor. Request a program brochure to learn more!
Why You Should Choose the Marist College MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program:
- Affordability and Financial Support
In the past 3 years, more than 80% of students qualified for Merit Scholarships of $3000-$5000, and more than 40% of students were awarded a two-year graduate assistantship valued at $9000. Overall, the cost of tuition is moderate compared to other programs in NY.
- A Path to Professional Employment
Over the past 3 years, about 85% of graduates succeeded in finding employment or entering a doctoral program within 3-4 months of graduation.
- Success with the NY Counselor Licensing Exam
The NY licensing exam is very difficult - only about 61% of individuals pass the exam on the first attempt.* The pass-rate of graduates of the Marist Counseling Program is very good - higher than that of the majority of other NY counseling programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social & Cultural Foundations of Counseling
- Social and Cultural Diversity
- Human Growth and Development
- Human Growth and Development
- Lifestyle and Career Development
- Career Development
- Counseling Theory and Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Counselling View 36 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Unofficial transcripts from each college/university attended. The undergraduate transcript should document a major in Psychology, or a different major with prerequisite courses completed. An overall GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred (based on a system where a 4.0 equals an A grade).
- Current resume
- Personal statement outlining educational background, experiences, and goals, and the reason(s) for selecting Marist’s MA in Mental Health Counseling program
- Three letters of recommendation (from your instructors or work supervisors)
- Interview with program director
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International850 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 850 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National850 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 850 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Health Insurance: $3,275
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.