In order to gain a comprehensive understanding of the mechanisms of drugs, this Pharmacology program at Creighton University will also equip you with the knowledge of physiology on the systems, molecular, and genetic levels.In as little as two years, you can be prepared for a career as an educator in pharmacology, research scientist, medical liaison or a number of other professions within the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. Alternatively, a master’s in pharmacology is an excellent method to improve your preparedness for the pursuit of an M.D. or Ph.D.
Your research passions are our priority
Our faculty reflect the complex scope of modern pharmacological research as they apply methods of systems and cell physiology, neuroscience, biochemistry, genetics, and cellular and molecular biology to better understand drug action. Their research includes diverse topics such as:
- G protein-coupled receptor signal transduction and regulation
- Control of neurotransmitter release
- Ion channel modulation and metabolism
- Molecular pharmacology of excitatory neurotransmission
- Environmental contributions to neuroplasticity and development
- Cardiovascular and CNS drug discovery
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Pharmacology
- Receptor and Molecular Pharmacology
- Special Topics in Pharmacology (Biostatistics)
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPharmacy Biochemistry Genetics View 648 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application & $50 application fee
- Bachelor’s degree with 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must include coursework in biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, and mathematics. Deficiencies may be made up in the graduate program
- Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended
- Personal statement. See application for specific requirements
- Three letters of recommendation from persons other than friends or family members who can speak to your performance in an academic or professional setting
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score.
Tuition is waived for students accepted into Creighton’s Pharmacology and Neuroscience master’s program.
Living costs for Omaha
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.