With tracks in childhood and adolescent education, as well as on-campus and hybrid models, this master’s program is designed to be flexible and accessible for working teachers. With close faculty advisement, an advanced curriculum, and an electronic portfolio to showcase your work, the Educational Psychology program from Marist College will take your teaching career to the next level.
Learning Outcomes and Goals
The teacher education programs at Marist College are designed to develop candidates who are reflective professionals. The program of study integrates a strong critical perspective and liberal arts foundation with research-validated pedagogical knowledge.
As members of a community of learners, candidates are expected to master the personal and professional knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to teach and assess K-12 students within the full range of abilities, to evaluate and improve teaching, to develop creative standards-based curricula, and to contribute as effective teachers and leaders in their schools and communities.
The roles of research and technology and the importance of critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and multicultural and global perspectives are emphasized.
The M.A. in Educational Psychology program reflects the particular areas of focus for which Marist College teacher education is widely noted, and is defined by our Conceptual Framework.
The Conceptual Framework of the Teacher Education programs identifies its purpose as preparing innovative, inclusive educators who promote success and the social good, and is also consistent with Marist's three ideals: excellence in education; sense of community; and commitment to service.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Art and Science of Teaching
- The Learner
- Foundations, Context, and Purpose
- Research and Inquiry
- Excellence in Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Educational Psychology View 1218 other Masters in Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Unofficial transcript from bachelor’s degree-granting college/university must be uploaded to the application for an admission decision. Official bachelor’s degree noted transcript will be required upon acceptance in order to matriculate.
- Current resume
- Initial Teacher Certificate (required by those seeking NYS Professional Teacher Certification)
- Official GRE score report taken within the last 5 years (GRE report code is 4117)
- Personal statement of at least 750 words outlining educational background, experiences, and goals, and the reason(s) for selecting Marist’s MA in Educational Psychology program
- Two letters of recommendation (one from a professor and one from a school principal or supervising teacher)
- Interview with the program director (a short written task is a part of the interview)
- Nonrefundable $50 application fee
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 USD per credit during 12 months.
National31320 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Summer Hybrid Program - $425/credit.
- Health Insurance: $3,275
Living costs for Poughkeepsie
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.