At the The Master of Arts in Educational Psychology from Marist College , courses are designed to address your teaching needs. Concentrations of courses are specifically designed for the unique needs of the age and development level of students you teach. Both tracks of the M.A. in Educational Psychology require the successful completion of 36 credit hours of coursework.
The first track meets the academic requirements for application to Professional Certification in Childhood Education (grades 1-6) for candidates with initial teacher certification in this area.
The second track meets the academic requirements for application to Professional Certification in Adolescent Education (grades 7-12) and is designed for candidates who possess initial certification in one of the Adolescence Education areas: History, Science (Biology or Chemistry), Mathematics, Languages (French or Spanish), and English. Also, the second track meets the academic requirements for initial and professional certification in Middle School Extension (grades 5-6).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Art and Science of Teaching
- The Learner
- Foundations, Context, and Purpose
- Research and Inquiry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Educational Psychology View 1070 other Masters in Psychology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Unofficial transcripts from each college/university attended must be uploaded to the application for admission decision. Official bachelor’s degree noted transcripts will be required upon acceptance in order to matriculate
- Current resume
- Initial Teacher Certificate (required by those seeking NYS Professional Teacher Certification)
- Personal statement outlining educational background, experiences, and goals, and the reason(s) for selecting Marist’s MA in Educational Psychology program
- Two letters of recommendation (one from a professor and one from a school principal or supervising teacher)
- Interview with the program director (a short written task is a part of the interview)
- Nonrefundable $50 application fee
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Summer Hybrid Program - $425/credit.
- Health Insurance: $3,275
Living costs for Poughkeepsie
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Merit awards are made at the discretion of the scholarship committee. The total scholarship amount awarded covers the duration of the program and is applied by course each semester in the amount of $150 or $250 per course.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.