Developing on the basis of significant expertise in the culturally and historically contextualised understanding of media and communications practices, this masters programme will provide students with the opportunity to develop a substantively and methodologically rigorous approach to the challenges of international media communication today.
Modules explore the rapidly changing world of contemporary communications practices and the problems such practices raise for the historical legacy of European Enlightenment traditions of thinking about economics, politics, society, and culture.The programme brings cutting edge research from a range of disciplinary specialisms to bear on an analysis and exploration of the broader “world-historical” dynamics of heavily technologised media transformation and the challenges this creates.
- The department benefits from the input and close collaboration of other departments within the School of Cultures, Languages and Area Studies as well as staff from the faculties of Arts and Social Sciences
- The department is strongly international and offers excellent opportunities for staff, postgraduate students and undergraduate students to benefit from its wide range of international collaborative arrangements
- You will be able to take advantage of a thriving postgraduate teaching and research culture of the highest quality, including opportunities to share their work and ideas with students in other related research programmes
More informationVisit official programme website
- Issues and Challenges in Contemporary Media
- Technology and the Transformations of Communication
- Media and Cultural Industry Practices
- Aesthetics and Politics
- The Cultural Industries
- Visualising Conflict
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Communication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 300 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
2:1 (or international equivalent) in a relevant subject in the arts, humanities or social sciences
International17910 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17910 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7290 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7290 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.