The rigorous program is the first online master's degree in data science offered in the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and is helping fill a critical need for data scientists. Using analytics, statistics, programming, business and storytelling, data scientists have the unique and important job of transforming big data into actionable insights.
The field is already growing at an incredible pace, and as today's world continues to generate more and more data, employers across the country are in consistent need of professionals who know how to understand and interpret data.
Designed with input from industry leaders, the data science program offers a comprehensive, multidisciplinary curriculum grounded in computer science, math and statistics, management and communication. Coursework throughout the degree will show you how to clean, organize, analyze and interpret data using current industry tools and analytical methods.
Graduates of the Data Science graduate program leave with the knowledge, skills and tools necessary to mine data sets, find patterns and communicate ways to make use of the findings.
The intensive program prepares you for expertise in a number of specialized areas including data mining and warehousing, predictive analytics, statistical modeling, database infrastructures and data management, machine learning and analytics-based decision making making you a versatile and highly sought-after employee.
Data science jobs
- Data scientist
- Data or research analyst/manager
- Data warehouse architect
- Enterprise strategy consultant
- Business intelligence manager/analyst
- Hadoop engineer
- Market intelligence analyst/manager
- Foundations of Data Science
- Statistical Methods
- Programming for Data Science
- Big Data: High-Performance Computing
- Communicating about Data
- Visualization and Unstructured Data Analysis
- Ethics of Data Science
- Data Science and Strategic Decision Making
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 184 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- Official college transcripts (from each institution you attended).
- Your resume.
- Two letters of recommendation (can be professional or academic).
- A personal statement of up to 1,000 words describing the reasons behind your decision to pursue this degree and what you believe you will bring to the data science field.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. Students with a GPA of less than 3.0 may be considered for provisional admission.
- Recent prerequisite coursework in elementary statistics, introductory computer programming and introduction to databases. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of this coursework.
- No aptitude tests (GMAT, GRE) are required.
International30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.