Prevention of illness is a main focus in healthcare today. There is no discussion of prevention without understanding the role food plays in human health. University of the District of Columbia is an urban, land-grant university located in the District of Columbia where policies which affect communities are created and regulated.
One of the missions of our Master of Nutrition program is to improve the health, wellness, food, and water security of the local and global community. This affords students a unique opportunity to conduct research in food sustainability with leaders in the field of urban sustainability such as the impact of current agricultural practices on the nutritional content of food.
Between our urban farms, rooftop garden, aquaponic and hydroponic sites, there are unlimited opportunities for students to study the impact of agriculture on nutrition and ways to improve the nutritional quality of food while preserving the integrity of the environment we all share.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Nutrition
- Food Chemistry
- General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- General Microbiology
- Anatomy and Physiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 318 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- Complete the online application for Masters Degree Applicants.
- Pay the non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Submit college transcript(s) reflecting all course work, grades and date of graduation.
- Submit official GRE, GMAT or other examination scores required by program.
- Submit a 500-word personal statement about your academic and professional goals, research interests, relevant prior experience, motivation for graduate study in your proposed program and any other information in support of your application for graduate admission.
- Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Fulfill additional admission requirements and documentation set by individual graduate degree programs
- hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited, post-secondary institution
International17255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 986 USD per credit during 24 months.
National8977 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 513 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.