You will cover specialist subject areas and gain the skills required to tackle the complex issues associated with the sustainable development of marine ecosystems.
As well as access to cutting-edge facilities and learning resources at our Europa Point Campus, the iconic Straits of Gibraltar, a unique location for marine biological research, provides a natural laboratory for your studies. The Straits, and their surrounding area, have long been recognised for their marine biodiversity.
You are able to choose full, or part-time study and have the freedom to choose your exit award (Post Graduate Certificate, Post Graduate Diploma or full Master’s Degree).
The Marine Science and Climate Change programme from University of Gibraltar has been designed blending elements of Marine Science programme whilst dedicated to promote understanding and advanced skills relating to marine and coastal Climate Change Adaptation and Ecological Disaster and Risk Reduction. The programme provides insights in to ‘real-world’ applications as well as maximising the skills of students to produce highly-skilled graduates with the specialist skills required to tackle ecological scenarios of the 21st Century.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marine Biology, Ecosystems and Conservation
- Oceanographic processes
- Research Skills & Methods (Sciences and Social Sciences)
- Coastal Zone Management: Area Based Marine Tools
- Marine Systems and Sustainability
- Advanced Climate Change Adaptation & Mitigation
- Ecological Disaster Risk Reduction
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology Sustainable Development Marine Studies View 274 other Masters in Sustainable Development in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Typically, all applicants will have:
- Possess a minimum of a second class Honours degree (2.1 preferred) awarded by a UK university or overseas equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Be able to communicate ideas effectively in writing, in discussions and presentations. Basic IT skills, such as word-processing, email and Internet are expected.
- Alternate entry into the Masters programme can be achieved through suitably documented extensive work experience (e.g. >1 year) relevant to the programme (e.g. marine environmental research, government planning, environmental impact work, work for non-governmental organisation i.e. NGO or international agency). Such applicants may be required to submit a discursive account of why this experience is relevant.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.