If you already have experience in language teaching, the MTESOL will enable you to develop knowledge and skills for employment as a language teacher or in a more senior role. You may be able to complete some of the courses towards your degree online.
Completing the MTESOL does not qualify you to teach in state schools in New Zealand.
If you already have experience in language teaching, the MTESOL will enable you to develop knowledge and skills for employment as a language teacher or in a more senior role.
Jobs related to this programme
- English as a second/foreign language teacher
- Lecturer in second/foreign language teacher education
- Second/foreign language teacher trainer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conducting Research in Applied Language Studies
- Curriculum Design
- Creativity: Research and Practice
- Language Teaching and Assessment
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching Linguistics View 31 other Masters in Teaching in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
You must have completed one of the following:
- An undergraduate degree in any subject and at least two years of teaching experience.
- A one-year postgraduate qualification following an undergraduate degree, or an equivalent four-year undergraduate degree, in a subject related to language teaching, business English or language studies, and at least one year of teaching experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24042 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24042 USD per year during 12 months.
National5770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5770 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$8,661.60
- International: NZ$36,086
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.