By focusing on the development of accurate and reliable geological ground models, you will be well equipped to work within New Zealand’s complex environment and contribute to the projected construction boom.
The Master of Engineering Geology is a professionally-orientated programme designed to equip you with the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to enter the applied geosciences industries.
Jobs related to this programme
- Engineering geologist
- Geological technician
- Geotechnical engineer
- Geotechnical technician
- Seismic survey co-ordinator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Geological Mapping
- Advanced Engineering Geology
- Hydrothermal Systems: Geothermal Energy and Ore Deposits
- Special Topics in Earth Sciences
- Tectonic Geomorphology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 180
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Earth Sciences Geology View 11 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Research 120 points
- You must have completed the Bachelor of Advanced Science (Honours), or Bachelor of Science (Honours) with a GPE of 5.0 or higher in 75 points at Stage III in Earth Sciences or a related subject such as Geology OR
- You must have completed the Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) with a GPE of 5.0 or higher in 120 points at Stage III OR
- You must have completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Science with a GPE of 5.0 or higher in 75 points at Stage III in Earth Sciences including at least 45 points in Geology OR
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in Science or Engineering with a GPE of 4.0 or higher in 75 points at Stage III and have completed three years of relevant work experience as approved by the Dean of Science.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29666 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29666 USD per year during 12 months.
National6372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6372 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$9,565.20 – $10,650
- International: NZ$44,526
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.