Participants seeking career advancement opportunities through graduate education for top nurse executive positions, care/service line nurse executive roles, and primary care/population-based manager positions will be prepared to effectively translate innovative practice models and expertly direct the delivery of health care across organizational models.
The graduate of the Leadership and Administration in Nursing MSN at Texas State University will skillfully translate research and become an expert in using evidenced-based practice knowledge to direct individual and population health care. The acquisition of advanced knowledge and clinical judgment will afford society a fully educated nurse leader who champions accountable care for improvement in health outcomes.
Overall, the MSN-LAN program will position the post-professional Registered Nurse (RN) graduate to exhibit transformational leadership to effect and generate health policy development, organizational and systems development, evidence-based care, and evaluation of health care delivery in collaboration with inter-professional teams and partners.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Human Resource Management in Healthcare Facilities
- Information Systems and Technology
- Principles of Healthcare Finance for Clinical Leaders
- Leadership Science: Foundational Thinking Skills, Governance, & Community & Provider Relationships
- Leadership Science: Performance and Quality Improvement
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Nursing View 740 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- completed online application
- effective spring 2020, completed online NursingCAS application
- effective spring 2020, separate NursingCAS application fee
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
- bachelor of science in nursing (B.S.N.) degree from a regionally accredited institution
- official transcripts from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale in nursing course work
- grade of C or better in an upper division statistics course
- three letters of recommendation
International15440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15440 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15440 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15440 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7880 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7880 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.