Students of the Persian and Iranian Studies program at the University of Arizona can focus on a) modern or classical Persian literature and culture or b) Iranian (or other Persian speaking societies') history, religion, social organization, and politics. They also engage in a critical examination of contemporary ideas and methodologies in the field of Persian and Iranian Studies.
The Graduate College sponsors several Graduate Interdisciplinary Programs (GIDPs) in addition to the many interdisciplinary possibilities available through regular graduate degree programs. GIDPs transcend departmental boundaries by facilitating cutting edge teaching and research at the nexus of traditional disciplines. The high value placed on interdisciplinary research and education is indicative of The University of Arizona 's enthusiasm and commitment to fostering innovation and creativity among its faculty and students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Gender Issues and Women's Literature in the Middle East
- Iranian Cinema, Gender Issues, and Social Change
- Iranian Culture and Society
- The Middle East in the Twentieth Century
- Middle East
- Mixed Methods in Applied Anthropology
- Studies in Colonial and Post-Colonial Literature and Theory
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Linguistics View 699 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- 3 Letters of recommendation from academic references preferable. Note: recommenders will be required to upload their letters through the graduate college website. Instructions on how this works are provided within the online application process- we do not have a recommendation form.
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Writing Sample (term paper, chapter of thesis, etc.)
- The Roshan GIDP reviewers may ask for a virtual interview during the application review process.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.