Persian and Iranian Studies offered by the University of Arizona allows students to create a self-designed concentration with the approval of the Director of Graduate Studies. They also engage in a critical examination of contemporary ideas and methodologies in the field of Persian and Iranian Studies.
- Students consult with the Director of Graduate Studies each semester to select their courses and they are required to complete 3 courses in their concentration prior to graduation.
MA students will be thesis track and will be required to reach fourth-year proficiency in Persian language.
More informationVisit official programme website
The program benefits from the long tradition of Persian and Iranian studies at the University of Arizona's School of Middle Eastern & North African Studies which also offers undergraduate degrees focusing on Persian. The program intends to prepare graduates to work in academic, public, and private positions where extensive and expert knowledge of Iran or other Persian speaking societies such as Afghanistan and Tajikistan is required.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 717 other Masters in Languages in United States
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- 3 Letters of recommendation from academic references preferable.
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Writing Sample (term paper, chapter of thesis, etc.)
- GPA 3.0 on undergraduate or M.A. degree
International11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National11136 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5568 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10236 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5118 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.