University of North Texas graduates will be prepared to become effective, advanced social workers with a focus on ethical practices and leadership training across a variety of social work settings. Social workers empower communities, individuals and groups to create positive changes. Program graduates will be trained and qualified to work in many roles, including clinicians, administrators, case managers, supervisors, fundraisers and program managers.
Upon successful degree completion, an Social Work (UNT-TWU Joint Program) graduate is eligible to become a Licensed Master Social Worker, one of the most highly recognized professional titles in health and human services. Students can pursue their licensure by meeting state requirements, including passing an examination approved by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB). Social workers who earn two years of postgraduate supervision may take the examination to become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
TWU and UNT have developed the joint M.S.W. degree program to provide students and faculty with the unique opportunity to draw on the strengths and resources of both universities. Through the joint program, students will be considered members of both the TWU and UNT communities. Students will be instructed to apply to a pre-selected “home institution” when formally invited to submit an application through ApplyTexas. Students will be awarded a joint degree from both institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- U.S. Department of Labor job statistics indicate continued high demand in social work occupations. Anticipated growth areas include addiction, child welfare, disability, gerontology, health care and mental health. Job settings include advocacy organizations, criminal justice systems, family service agencies, hospitals, inpatient and day treatment facilities, intensive case management programs, managed care systems, schools and veterans’ affairs and military facilities.
- Joint M.S.W. students at University of North Texas will have a broad range of research opportunities and resources. The master’s thesis option allows students to work with faculty at both TWU and UNT in pursuit of their research interests. Students may use evidence-based social work practices to perform quantitative and qualitative research or develop new areas of study.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Health Sciences View 1891 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Recent résumé reflecting your education and your volunteer and professional experience
- Personal statement addressing all required components
- Three letters of recommendation from professors or professionals who are familiar with your work
- Additional letter of recommendation from M.S.W. program director or chair if you are currently enrolled in another program
- All unofficial transcripts (all official transcripts will be required if invited to complete the ApplyTexas application)
- Up to 12 graduate-level transfer credits, if approved
- Interview, if requested by program personnel
International30164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30164 USD per year during 24 months.
National30164 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30164 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State22568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22568 USD per year during 24 months.
Estimated expenses for international students will be provided on their immigration documents by the Division of International Affairs.
Living costs for Denton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.