The School of English at Nottingham has long been in the forefront of research and teaching in the interface between language, literature and culture.
This innovative and flexible web-based MA English Studies provides an exciting opportunity to specialise simultaneously in several areas of English Studies: Literature 1500 to the present, English Language and Applied Linguistics, Drama and Medieval Literature and Language. It introduces students to the multidisciplinary dimensions of English Studies and provides advanced knowledge of the current state of scholarship. Students on the programme develop advanced research skills, have the opportunity to explore a range of specialist topics and construct individual programmes of study according to interests.Students who study the MA by web-based distance learning use the full resources of the internet and combine it with personal tutoring and supervision. The programme offers these students depth of study or accelerated study as required and a high level of flexibility in terms of study patterns. The course is available by web-based distance learning anywhere in the world regardless of time-zone differences, 365 days a year.The MA has intakes in September and February.
- The MA courses by web-based distance learning build on the international reputation of the School of English at Nottingham as one of the foremost centres for research in the world.
- The School of English was ranked 7th in the UK for English in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2018
- 7th in Britain for English in The Complete University Guide 2019
- 45th in the QS World University 2018 rankings for English Language and Literature
- 9th in the UK for 'research power' (REF 2014).
- The course is taught using the course tool software, Moodle. It is also supported by extensive online resources, course materials and teaching.
- As well as completing this course at a pace that suits you and your other commitments, you have the flexibility to study towards a Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits), Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits) or an MA (180 credits, including dissertation).
More informationVisit official programme website
- Approaches to Text
- World Englishes
- Old Norse Texts
- Literary Geographies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 476 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
2.1 (Upper 2nd class hons degree or international equivalent in any relevant area of English Studies)
International9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9450 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA9450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9450 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.