The Master of Science or Master of Arts degree in Applied Anthropology at University of North Texas teaches you to take informed and thoughtful action as a street-level practitioner, administrator, agency-based researcher or program evaluator. A dual degree is also available in Applied Anthropology and Public Health through a cooperative effort with the UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth. The master's programs also prepare you to enter a doctoral program.
The Department of Anthropology offers several unique advantages including:
- Many opportunities to collaborate on projects with a variety of organizations including corporations and social service agencies
- Faculty members who are applied anthropologists with geographic focuses on Africa, Europe, India, Latin America, North America, Oceania and the Middle East
- Flexibility to take classes online or on campus (We offer the nation's first online master's program in Applied Anthropology.)
- Faculty members who are engaged in building networks around the diverse applications of anthropology in the North Texas region
- Prime location in one of the nation's largest urban areas for applied research projects such as those involving health issues of ethnic minorities, migrants and refugees from all over the world
- Conservation strategies in mountain ecosystems
- Factors that influence food insecurity
- Outreach and educational attainment of Latinos
- Violence and refugees
- Virtual communication and collaboration in the workplace
- Visual and media anthropology
- Anthropology of Education
- Business, Technology and Design Anthropology
- Crossing Borders: Migration, Religion, Identities
- Environmental and Ecological Anthropology
- Medical Anthropology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Anthropology Environmental Sciences View 206 other Masters in Anthropology in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of North Texas and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Completed ApplyTexas application form
- Completed departmental application form
- GRE scores
- Transcripts of all attended colleges
- Statement of purpose
- Scholarly writing sample from your undergraduate career or any research you have completed since graduation
- Three letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic record
International31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 12 months.
National31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State22568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22568 USD per year during 12 months.
Estimated expenses for international students will be provided on their immigration documents by the Division of International Affairs,.
Living costs for Denton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.