The Mining Geological - Geophysical Engineering program from University of Arizona is the ideal entry point into a Ph.D. program. Students planning to pursue a Ph.D. are strongly encouraged to pursue the M.S. option. The degree is 30 units including 6 units of thesis credit. Students are required to give one seminar or present a paper at a professional conference.
Upon completion of a M.S. degree, the graduate will be able to:
- Possess a thorough knowledge of engineering principles in subdisciplines related to the department
- Possess a basic knowledge of business and/or socio-economic principles that impact the profession
- Have a sufficient mathematical and computer background to formulate and solve practical problems in the discipline
- Access, analyze, and utilize available information from a variety of sources
- Use competencies associated with critical thinking and problem solving
- Demonstrate the ability to formulate and conduct a research project
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate the results of a research project both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate the ability to influence others
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively on a team
- Demonstrate life-long learning skills
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mine Examination & Valuation
- Mineral Processing
- Equipment Operations Technology
- Underground Construction Geomechanics
- Solution Mining
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSoil Science Geology Mining, Oil & Gas View 46 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Twelve or more graded units obtained as a graduate student.
- Applicant's undergraduate record comprised of their most recent 60 graded units OR
- A combination of the last 60 units of undergraduate and graduate coursework (2 year, full-time equivalent for non-US or non-semester type credit hours) when fewer than twelve units of graduate coursework have been completed
- On very rare and exceptional circumstances will a student be accepted through the graduate college with a GPA below a 3.0
- Prospective students holding a comparable bachelor's degree but not meeting the minimum 3.0 GPA requirement may still be eligible for admission as a Graduate Non-Degree seeking student.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.