Students of the Microbiology - Accelerated Master's Program degree from University of Arizona will develop a broad academic foundation with a concentration in at least one science discipline. The general focus will be on microbiology and microbial pathogens of domestic animals and humans, with an emphasis on infectious diseases and host responses. Graduates will find employment in academic, government, and private institutions.
Admission to the program is linked to a commitment by a Microbiology faculty member to mentor the student and assure adequate support for the student to successfully complete the degree. Therefore, Microbiology graduate students have the advantage of a designated graduate advisor from the outset. Limited numbers of Graduate Assistantships are available through the School of Animal and Comparative Biomedical Sciences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Evaluation of Scientific Literature
- Applied Biostatistics
- Biostatistics for Public Health
- Statistics Bioinfo and Genomic Analysis
- Working with Ecological Data with R
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Genetics View 496 other Masters in Genetics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicant must be a continuing University of Arizona undergraduate with a minimum CGPA of ≥ 3.3.
- Completion of ≥ 75 undergraduate units at the time of application and ≥ 90 undergraduate units at the time of entry into the program.
- Completion of ≥ 12 undergraduate major credits at The University of Arizona.
- Completion or near completion of general education requirements.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A personal letter of intent (statement of purpose) describing research and career goals.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Unofficial electronic copies of all college and university transcripts are to be submitted with the online application
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.