As a student, you’ll learn from an accomplished team of practitioners who provide training in science-based knowledge, empowering you to develop effective, evidence-based programs.
The online Master of Public Health curriculum at Purdue University - Online includes a Family and Community Health concentration that focuses on issues related to the family unit. As the definition of “family” continues to evolve, and racial and economic disparities grow, demand will increase for public health professionals who can evaluate and address the changing dynamics affecting health and access to services.
Outcomes and Skills
Upon graduating, graduates of the master of public health online have gained a broad understanding of health issues and the skills to address them, including:
- Epidemiology, to identify disease trends
- Biostatistics, to evaluate health trends and intervention approaches
- Health system administration and management, to organize resources for public health
- Environmental health sciences, to understand the threats and opportunities presented by environmental factors
- Behavioral and social sciences, to engage members of the community and encourage individual and group actions that support public health
- Theoretical Foundations of Health Behavior
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Quantitative Methods of Public Health
- Public Health Administration
- Design and Analysis of Public Health Interventions
- Health Communication
- International Health Seminar
- Public Health Program and Policy Evaluation
- Families and Health
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1406 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Official Transcripts
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- An application fee of $60 ($75 for international)
International31500 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per credit
National31500 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 USD per credit
In-State23310 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 555 USD per credit
Living costs for West Lafayette
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.