You will learn how:
- the brain is believed to work on the cellular, network and systems level
- to develop mathematical models of brain function and use them in simulations
- cognitive phenomena relate to brain activity
- current AI algorithms are based on neuroscience findings
- a range of experimental approaches are used to measure and analyse brain function
There will be particular focus on how:
- memories are stored and organised in the brain
- networks of neurons perform computations
- visual illusions find their origins in neural circuits
This Computational Neuroscience, Cognition and AI course at University of Nottingham provides an ideal preparation for a PhD in computational neuroscience, psychology or artificial intelligence.
Those who take up a postgraduate research opportunity with us will receive support in terms of close contact with supervisors and specific training. You will also benefit from dedicated advice from our Careers and Employability Service.
Other careers include:
- biomedical modelling
- artificial intelligence
- data science
- brain imaging.
- Machine Learning in Science - Part one
- Computational Cognitive Psychology
- Neural Computation
- Research project
- Practical Biomedical Modelling
- Computer Vision
- Applied Nonlinear Dynamics
- The Physics of Deep Learning
- Advanced Methods in Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
International applicants should apply as early as possible.
DisciplinesNeuroscience Cognitive Sciences Artificial Intelligence View 171 other Masters in Cognitive Sciences in United Kingdom
- 2:1 (or international equivalent);
- 2:2 (or international equivalent) may be considered provided the applicant has at least one year of relevant work experience or another supporting factor; for quantitatively minded students with a background in psychology, neuroscience, or biosciences as well as those with training in physics, engineering, mathematics, or computer science; no specific biology or computer knowledge required.
- In their final two years of study applicants must have achieved a 2.1 (60%) in 2 module(s) covering at least two of the following subjects: mathematics, statistics, physics, data analysis, computer science. If such skills were gained independently, evidence should be provided.
- This course requires mathematical and programming skills.
- IELTS 6.5 (6.0 in each element)
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11050 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11050 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.