This aim is achieved by developing independent, reflective students with an understanding of professional issues, clinical reasoning and evidence based practice, whilst simultaneously equipping them with the wide spectrum of practical skills essential to Sport Rehabilitation.
Sport Rehabilitation Masters of Cardiff Metropolitan University is endorsed by the British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers (BASRaT) and students who complete the accredited MSc programme will be eligible to apply for registration with BASRaT.
As a Graduate Sport Rehabilitator (GSR) you will be an autonomous healthcare practitioner specialising in musculoskeletal management, exercise based rehabilitation and fitness.
The course is designed to achieve BASRaT accreditation and students who complete the accredited MSc programme will be eligible to apply for registration with BASRaT, which is the professional body that oversees and regulates the practice of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers in the UK. The 400 clinical placement hours required for BASRaT membership are included in the Professional clinical practice module, and this will provide students with the opportunity to use a problem-solving approach to sports injury management in the working environment. Through exposure and immersion in the professional environment the student’s professional autonomy, accountability and evidence-based practice will be enhanced to meet the industry standards and needs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sports Injuries and Clinical Assessment
- Rehabilitation Principles and Injury Management
- Applied Functional Rehabilitation
- Professional Clinical Practice
- Research Methods in Sport
- Dissertation Project
- 18 months
- 26 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences View 153 other Masters in Sports Management in United Kingdom
- All applicants will be required to complete an application form (including a personal statement) and will be expected to attend an interview.
- Applicants for the MSc in Sport Rehabilitation are expected to satisfy the following requirements:
- A good honours degree (normally 2.1 or above) in Sports Rehabilitation, Sports Therapy, Physiotherapy, Osteopathy, Strength and Conditioning, Sport and Exercise Science.
- Exceptional entry routes may be available to applicants with significant and relevant industry experience. Usually more than 3 years’ experience in Sport Rehabilitation.
- A student who has successfully completed modules in a similar programme at another institution might gain direct entry onto the programme as long as they have satisfied the aforementioned entry requirements and meet the University Criteria for the admission of students to modular Master’s Degrees, and to Post Graduate Diploma programmes – advanced standing.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Cardiff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.