The Clinical Microbiology MSc (Distance Learning) is delivered through distance learning meaning you can study with us from anywhere in the world. It is offered part-time to provide flexibility to study alongside work or around your lifestyle. The course is open to home, EU and international students and is 100% online-based.
The course will benefit healthcare professionals or new graduates aiming for a career in healthcare, specialising in clinical microbiology. It is also suitable for medically qualified students who wish to prepare for higher professional qualifications, including Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists (FRCPath) status. This course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS).You will be trained in clinical microbiology and infectious diseases, with particular emphasis on patient management and infection control.
- The course has received full accreditation by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS)
- The School of Life Sciences has an excellent reputation for cutting-edge research in a range of biomedical and related fields*
- The school has been awarded Athena SWAN Silver status. Athena SWAN champions good working practices to advance the representation of women in STEMM subjects.
- We've been recognised as delivering a Gold standard in the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF), which aims to recognise and reward excellent learning and teaching.
- Nottingham was named University of the Year for Graduate Employment in the 2017 Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide and features in the top 20 of all three major UK rankings.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Medical Microbiology
- Viral Pathogenesis and Infection
- Human Pathogens
- Diagnostic Microbiology and Laboratory Methods
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Clinical Syndromes in Infectious Disease
- Prevention and Treatment of Infection
- Infection Control and Public Health
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMicrobiology View 82 other Masters in Microbiology in United Kingdom
2:1 hons degree or international equivalent
- Other requirements
Applicants with a 2:2 or international equivalent may be considered on an individual basis.
International22815 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 22815 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA7785 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7785 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.