The role of diplomacy in international security cannot be overstated, and a strong understanding of global governance and international affairs is increasingly vital for security professionals. With new resolutions adopted by United Nations members to provide and share tools used to detect terrorism, the rise of globalisation creates a need for an international diplomatic approach to security.
This unique course allows you to apply diplomatic theory to current issues in global crime and gives you a practical toolkit to approach real world scenarios. Students use an online classroom to learn alongside a global community, giving you first hand experiences from other countries and organisations.
Who studies the MSc in Diplomacy and Security Studies?
The postgraduate course in Diplomacy and Security Studies at Liverpool John Moores University is perfect for those looking to start a career in diplomacy and international relations, or those wishing to accelerate their career prospects. This includes positions within national foreign ministries, multi-national enterprises, and counter-terror organisations. It is particularly valuable for those interested in policy issues, and whose job role involves dealing with diplomatic or international security affairs, and who would benefit from enhancing their knowledge and critical thinking through postgraduate study.
- Security Studies
- Intelligence Analysis
- Theory and Practise of Modern Diplomacy
- Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
- International Relations in the Contemporary World
- Contemporary Issues in Crime, Safety and Security
- Diplomacy and Security Studies Dissertation
- 11 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Terrorism & Security View 61 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- A relevant second class honours degree or above (such as in criminology, social or political science), or an overseas equivalent qualification is normally required. Alternatively a graduate level professional qualification of comparable standard and suitable work experience (such as policing, security or military work) may be accepted.
- Proficiency in English – where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 575. In some cases applicants who do not possess the standard entry requirements may be permitted to enrol at the discretion of the programme leader.
International13225 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13225 GBP per year during 11 months.
EU/EEA13225 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13225 GBP per year during 11 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.