Take the next step in your education and career. The School Counseling program at Cambridge College offers a flexible, affordable master’s degree option designed for working professionals.
- Experiential learning. The master’s in school counseling features extensive onsite, hands-on training experiences via school counseling internship fieldwork and seminar classes following Massachusetts State Standards for School Guidance Counseling.
- Day, evening, weekend, and online classes. Earn your master’s degree in school counseling while balancing work and family time with flexible, convenient class options designed to fit the needs of adult learners.
- Experienced faculty. Cambridge College faculty are experienced counseling professionals, accomplished researchers, and accessible teachers who are dedicated to helping you succeed.
- Exceptional value. Rated one of the most affordable four-year private nonprofit colleges in the nation, Cambridge College offers quality education and low tuition.
- Diverse students. Cambridge College welcomes over 300 students from more than 50 countries and was recently ranked as one of the most ethnically diverse colleges in America.
- Convenient locations. All of our classroom locations are close to public transportation and/or offer free parking for students.
What Can You Do With a Master’s in School Counseling?
Our graduates are group workers skilled in developmental guidance, and practitioners who know how to help students find their academic niche and achieve their best. They are also effective brokers of educational and community resources, skilled interpreters of assessment tools, and valuable consultants to students, parents, and staff.
Most graduates go on to careers as licensed school guidance counselors in public schools. Other career options you might pursue with a master’s degree in school counseling include working with community health organizations, going into private practice, or pursuing a doctoral degree in counseling or a related mental health field.
- Ethics & Professional Issues for School Counselors & Mental Health Practitioners
- Personality and Counseling Theory
- Rogerian Person-Centered Therapy: Basic Counseling Skills
- Human Development Across the Lifespan
- Research Design and Evaluation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
A completed application must be received within enough time for students to receive the i20 and arrive in the U.S prior to the term start-date.
DisciplinesPsychology School Counselling Educational Psychology View 1222 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- MEd and most graduate certificate programs require an earned bachelor’s degree.
- Interview with and approval of the SOPC Admissions Committee and acceptance by the dean.
- Application Fee: $50, nonrefundable ($100 for international students)
- Current Résumé
- Personal Statement - Write a 1-2 page essay (250-500 words) describing your reasons for obtaining a degree from Cambridge College, your professional experience and goals, and your academic background.
- Two Professional Recommendations
- Official demonstration of English language proficiency
- Supplemental documentation for issuance of I-20
- International transcripts, evaluated by an accepted evaluation service
International14184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 591 USD per credit during 24 months.
National14184 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 591 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Boston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.